Roasted Carrots with Maple Tahini Dressing
Rated 4.0 stars by 22 users
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. rainbow carrots
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
¼ cup Soom Premium or Organic Tahini
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ -⅓ cup of plain nut milk or cold water to thin
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley
For Roasted Carrots
For Maple Tahini Dressing
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a large rimmed baking tray with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and set aside.
- Rinse and peel rainbow carrots, removing stems. Place on the rimmed baking tray and toss with the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Spread carrots evenly and roast for 30-35 minutes. Carrots are done when they are easily pierced with a fork but still offer some resistance.
- While the carrots are roasting, prep the maple tahini dressing. Whisk together tahini, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Slowly add in nut milk or water until a the desired texture is reached. The ideal texture is like a thick pancake batter so it can be drizzled or spread.
- Once carrots are done, place on a serving platter and drizzle with half the tahini dressing, sliced almonds, crumbled feta, and fresh parsley. Serve immediately with remaining tahini dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Serving Tips: Spread half of the tahini dressing on the bottom of a serving plate and place the carrots on top so they soak up all the flavors. Garnish with toppings and serve with extra dressing on the side.
Leftover Dressing: Leftover tahini dressing can be stored in a glass mason jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You may need to mix in more water or nut milk when ready to serve as it thickens in the fridge. Goes great with roasted veggies, meats, or as a salad dressing!
Dietary Preferences: Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Seasonality: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
Photography Credits: Selena Sharpless of The Nutritious Kitchen