One-Pan Mediterranean Tahini Chicken and Potato Skillet
Dinner, Tahini; One-Pan; Sauces, Dips, Dressings
1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup Soom Premium Tahini
Juice from 2 lemons
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb potatoes of choice
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt and pepper
1 red bell pepper
3 garlic cloves
1¼ – 1½ lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
¾ cup marinated artichoke hearts
2 Tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
Chopped flat-leaf parsley
For the Sauce
For the Potatoes and Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Begin by making the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth, Soom Tahini, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoesinto 3/4 – 1” cubes. Meanwhile, heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the warmed skillet. Add potatoes, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the pepper cut into 1” pieces, and sauté for an additional minute. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Remove the potatoes, peppers, and garlic from the skillet and set aside in a bowl while you sear the chicken.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Add olive oil to the skillet. Sear chicken for 4 minutes on each side, or until it develops a golden-brown crust.
- Add the potatoes, peppers, and garlic back into the skillet, arranging them around the chicken in an even layer. Sprinkle marinated artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes on top.
- Pour the sauce over everything and remove from heat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley and oregano, and serve with lemon wedges.
Dietary Preferences: Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Kosher
Seasonality: All, Summer