One-Pan Mediterranean Tahini Chicken and Potato Skillet
Dinner, Tahini; One-Pan; Sauces, Dips, Dressings
This One-Pan Mediterranean Tahini Chicken and Potato Skillet is a hearty and healthy meal, made completely in one pan! It’s layered with flavor thanks to acidity from fresh lemon juice, marinated artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes. Top it off with fresh herbs like parsley and oregano for an easy weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 1 hour.
1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup Soom Premium Tahini
Juice from 2 lemons
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb potatoes of choice
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt and pepper
1 red bell pepper
3 garlic cloves
1¼ – 1½ lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
¾ cup marinated artichoke hearts
2 Tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
Chopped flat-leaf parsley
For the Sauce
For the Potatoes and Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Begin by making the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth, Soom Tahini, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoesinto 3/4 – 1” cubes. Meanwhile, heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the warmed skillet. Add potatoes, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the pepper cut into 1” pieces, and sauté for an additional minute. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Remove the potatoes, peppers, and garlic from the skillet and set aside in a bowl while you sear the chicken.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Add olive oil to the skillet. Sear chicken for 4 minutes on each side, or until it develops a golden-brown crust.
- Add the potatoes, peppers, and garlic back into the skillet, arranging them around the chicken in an even layer. Sprinkle marinated artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes on top.
- Pour the sauce over everything and remove from heat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley and oregano, and serve with lemon wedges.
Dietary Preferences: Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Kosher
Seasonality: All, Summer