Sweet & Savory Grain-Free Tahini Crackers
about 20 mini crackers or 12 large crackers
These easy homemade crackers are the perfect balance of earthy and sweet. Reminiscent of those tasty peanut butter cracker sandwiches growing up, but these crackers are healthier and gluten-free! Sweet or savory, they’re perfect for an afternoon snack or outdoor picnic.
- 1 ¼ cups super-fine almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
¼ cup Soom Premium or Organic Tahini
- Sweet option: add 2 Tbsp brown sugar + ½ tsp cinnamon
- Savory option: add 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast + ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4-6 Tbsp cold water
½ cup Soom Premium or Organic Tahini + 1/4 cup honey
For the Crackers
For the Filling Options
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or liner and set aside.
- Place almond flour, tapioca flour, sea salt and tahini in a food processor. Add sweet or savory seasonings of choice and pulse until well combined. Slowly drizzle in cold water, one tablespoon at a time, until a ball of dough begins to form. (We used about 4 tablespoons total.)
- Form dough into a ball with your hands and place onto a floured surface. Lightly flatten and lay a large piece of parchment paper over the dough to prevent the rolling pin from sticking. Roll the dough out into a disc, about ⅛” inch thick. Remove the parchment from the top and cut the dough into squares using a pizza cutter, knife, or cracker cutter. Makes about 20-25 small crackers or 12 large crackers.
- Gently transfer the cracker cut-outs to the baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden brown. Allow the crackers to cool for at least 15 minutes so they get crispy.
- While the crackers are baking, prepare your filling. Whisk tahini and honey until a thick paste forms. You can also use your favorite sweet tahini instead. Spread a small amount of filling onto a cracker and top it with another to form a “sandwich”. Or serve the filling as a dip with your crackers for a fun snack!
Storage: Crackers stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pairing Tips: Honey Tahini Filling pairs well with savory or sweet crackers. Chocolate and Vanilla Bean tahini fillings pair best with sweet crackers!
Photography Credits: Selena Sharpless of The Nutritious Kitchen
Dietary Preferences: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Nut-Free
Seasonality: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall