Sweet & Savory Grain-Free Tahini Crackers
about 20 mini crackers or 12 large crackers
- 1 ¼ cups super-fine almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
¼ cup Soom Premium or Organic Tahini
- Sweet option: add 2 Tbsp brown sugar + ½ tsp cinnamon
- Savory option: add 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast + ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4-6 Tbsp cold water
½ cup Soom Premium or Organic Tahini + 1/4 cup honey
For the Crackers
For the Filling Options
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or liner and set aside.
- Place almond flour, tapioca flour, sea salt and tahini in a food processor. Add sweet or savory seasonings of choice and pulse until well combined. Slowly drizzle in cold water, one tablespoon at a time, until a ball of dough begins to form. (We used about 4 tablespoons total.)
- Form dough into a ball with your hands and place onto a floured surface. Lightly flatten and lay a large piece of parchment paper over the dough to prevent the rolling pin from sticking. Roll the dough out into a disc, about ⅛” inch thick. Remove the parchment from the top and cut the dough into squares using a pizza cutter, knife, or cracker cutter. Makes about 20-25 small crackers or 12 large crackers.
- Gently transfer the cracker cut-outs to the baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden brown. Allow the crackers to cool for at least 15 minutes so they get crispy.
- While the crackers are baking, prepare your filling. Whisk tahini and honey until a thick paste forms. You can also use your favorite sweet tahini instead. Spread a small amount of filling onto a cracker and top it with another to form a “sandwich”. Or serve the filling as a dip with your crackers for a fun snack!
Storage: Crackers stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pairing Tips: Honey Tahini Filling pairs well with savory or sweet crackers. Chocolate and Vanilla Bean tahini fillings pair best with sweet crackers!
Photography Credits: Selena Sharpless of The Nutritious Kitchen
Dietary Preferences: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Nut-Free
Seasonality: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall