JUMP TO RECIPE
Soom's Spring Veggie Quiche with Lemon Herb Tahini
No dish screams spring quite like quiche! The flaky crust, fluffy eggs, and fresh asparagus are a classic combination while the bright sauce and tender potatoes give your tastebuds something to sing about in every bite. Make this the centerpiece of your Sunday brunch or holiday celebration.
- 1 pre-made deep dish frozen pie crust
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup Soom Premium or Organic Tahini
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 4 mini golden potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup le gruyere + swiss cheese blend
- 1/2 cup Soom Premium or Organic Tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tsp minced garlic (jarred or fresh)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
FOR THE QUICHE
FOR THE LEMON HERB TAHINI SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your pie crust by placing it in an oven-safe 9-inch pie dish or using the container the crust came with. Set aside.
- Prepare your filling by whisking together the eggs, 1 cup almond milk, ¼ cup Soom Tahini, 2 tbsp thyme, 2 tbsp chopped basil, sea salt, and pepper. Once fully combined, set aside.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch spears and slice potatoes into thin rounds. Place half the potato rounds on the bottom of the prepared crust, then add half the asparagus on top. Pour egg mixture over veggies and top with half of the le gruyere + swiss cheese blend.
- Arrange the remaining potatoes over cheese, then place remaining asparagus spears on top. Spread remaining cheese on top and bake for 50-55 minutes until eggs are set.
- While the quiche bakes, prepare Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce. In a high-powered blender combine ½ cup Soom Tahini, lemon juice, ½ cup almond milk, 1 tbsp thyme, 1 tbsp chopped basil, garlic, and sea salt. Blend until a creamy consistency is reached. Taste and add more lemon or salt if desired.
- Once the quiche is done, allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 6 wedges. Drizzle with Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce and enjoy!
Gluten-Free Option: Omit the crust and prepare quiche in a greased 9-inch pie dish, following the same instructions.
Dairy-Free Option: Omit the gruyere cheese blend. The tahini in the quiche adds an incredible earthy, rich flavor to the dish and tastes great with or without cheese. For an extra cheesy flavor, add 2 tbsp nutritional yeast to the filling.
Vegan Option: Replace eggs with Just Egg and cheese with dairy-free cheese. Or omit cheese and add 2 tbsp nutritional yeast to the filling for a cheesy flavor.
Storage: Quiche stays fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds or in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Dietary Preferences: Vegetarian
Seasonality: Spring, Summer
Photography Credits: Selena Sharpless of The Nutritious Kitchen