Soom's Roasted Cauliflower with Harissa Tahini
- 1 medium-large head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup Soom Premium Tahini
- zest of ½ a lemon
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp harissa paste*
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ Tbsp Soom Silan Date Syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp smoked paprika (a pinch)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup ice-cold water
- Coarsely chopped fresh dill
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lemon wedges
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
FOR THE HARISSA TAHINI
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Add the olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt, and a few turns of freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 25 minutes, then toss, and roast for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the harissa tahini sauce. To a food processor, add the tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, harissa paste, dill, mint, flat-leaf parsley, honey, coriander, paprika, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Process for 10-15 seconds, then stream in the ice-cold water until the sauce is smooth and comes together. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve the cauliflower with a sprinkle of fresh herbs, lemon wedges, and the harissa tahini sauce.
The spice level of different brands of harissa paste vary greatly. Our favorite variety to use is the Mina “Spicy” Harissa. The Trader Joe’s harissa paste is very spicy, so you might only need a tablespoon or less in this recipe. Overall, just be sure to taste your harissa before adding it, and use it to your taste preference. As written, the Mina “spicy” harissa is the perfect spice level here.
Dietary Preferences: Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Kosher
Seasonality: Winter, Spring, Fall